- Are you, your company or community searching for strategic guidance and support as you look toward the future?
- Are you curious about evolving the story of our future, finding and co-creating stories that honor and cooperate with both people and planet?
- Are you hoping to join with others to learn the tools that work for creating thriving communities where you live?
- Are you excited about learning with people and in places around the world that are already practicing new models for living together?
You have come to the right place. Our future depends on bending the arc of history towards justice, compassion, inclusivity and mutual respect. We encourage you to explore the resources we offer and hope that you will contact us to learn more about our programs and services.
I traveled to the Middle East in January to be part of a Nonviolent Communication intensive in the West Bank with 40 Israelis, 40 Palestinians and 15 internationals. We lived together for nine days, listening and speaking deeply, while the Inauguration and the Women’s March and the wild first weeks in the White House unfolded on the other Read post
- 3 Ways Progressives Can Reconnect With Rural America
Anthony Flaccavento wrote this article for YES! Magazine. Anthony is an organic farmer, activist, and sustainable development consultant based in Abingdon, Virginia. His book, “Building a Healthy Economy From the Bottom Up: Harnessing Real-World Experience for Transformative Change” (June 2016) was published by the University Press of Kentucky. He writes and speaks widely on these issues Read post
- What is the purpose that would make you want to live another year?
With the loss of my husband Lorne’s father in 2016, and my own father recovering from a series of small strokes (he is doing great and back in full swing with his speaking and writing), the year was marked by a sense of mortality. Mortality is an interesting thing. It has made me feel the Read post
- Why Hosting Is Harder than Leading
We have become so remarkably accustomed to a form of leadership that comes from the top. Why? Well, because it is easier for everybody. It is easier for the leader because they can indulge in their narcissism. And, well, we want them to. You see, if they are shaping things according to their filters and Read post
- Daughter’s Post Election Letter to Mom
My 29 year old daughter Anne Lucy Stilger Virnig wrote this amazing text to her mother, Susan Virnig, after this week’s election: Thank you, for all you did in the sixties and seventies and eighties. I keeping having all these conversations with friends about how we grew up in this world where we never ever Read post